Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2011

I started this layout two weeks ago and finally had a moment to finish it.  I struggled the entire way with this page and I am not sure why.  It just would not come out the way I had envisioned and I think that is because when I look at the photo I see black and white.  I really wanted to do an entire layout with black & white only, but realized I cannot seem to make anything turn out when using only two colors.  I might have to challenge myself to that again one day.  I also started with the piece of "star" paper that I had to use.  Both of those things totally limited my creative ability!

Either way I love the picture of my husband and son, so I will probably use it again one day!

To create this layout I used the most recent sketch from Once Upon A Sketch.  WOW it is intimidating to submit a layout for this sketch challenge site.  The other submissions are out of this world fantastic!




A few close-ups:

Lots of paper layering...


The stars are old ghost shapes that I had. I painted them red and then rubbed off a little paint before attaching them.



The butterfly rub-on is an old Hambly rub-on.  I was a little mad at myself for accidentally covering up the airplane chipboard piece. 


I cut this baby carriage out of a different piece of paper.  It was just too cute not to use!


The sketch I used:

4 comments:

Starting To Scrap said...

This is just gorgeous Wendy! I really love your layering around the photo and your wool trim adds a real softness to your page. Your little boy is SOOOO adorable!

Jasmine S said...

Oh My Gosh Wendy. This is simply stunning. I just love it and dont ever feel intimidated. Your work is amazing and it always about interpretation, not who has the prettiest or most "stuff".
I just love that photo and your layers and paint work are fantastic.
Love it.
And thanks for your congrats, it means a lot.

Blossom inch said...

Wendy this is so stunning page, with loads of layering and detailing and what an awesome color altogether. The pic is precious and that paint work are gorgeous babe!

Lizzyc said...

hi.. oh this photo is stunning.. the baby seem to love to rest on a chest and listen to the heart beating.. i love this layout.. all the layers and details.. amazing work for a beautiful layout.. and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.. they mean a lot!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates