Monday, September 12, 2011

Bird is the Word - Share Challenge

Here comes Monday again.  My husband goes back to work tomorrow...his first day back since our son Tristan was born.  I am ok with it now...thankfully he had five weeks off though!  It was wonderful having him home with me to help with Tristan!!

Yesterday we were able to have our first venture out together.  My mom watched Tristan while Adam and I went to an art and craft fair. We did not buy anything and mostly saw a bunch of disappointing crafts.  They were run-of-the-mill and looked like the seasonal decorations you can buy from a catalog.  I did see one metal worker though who had all kinds of really creative metal creations.  I almost bought a sailboat for Tristan's room, but decided not to spend the money.

Oh, I also discovered Pinterest over the weekend!  Now I have found all kinds of new projects I want to try! This is the first...I would like to try making a night light for Tristan's room.  Stay tuned for a picture of the finished project!



As I mentioned in a previous post, last weekend I met family and friends at a scrapbook cabin for the weekend. We had a wonderful time and I cannot wait to go next year.  While we were there we each drew a name and made a scrapbook page for someone else using one of their chosen pictures and a sketch.  I drew my cousin Autumn's name and created this page for her using one of her pictures.  I also combined this with our new Bird is the Word challenge that was released yesterday.  The new word is Share.


I forgot to take close-ups of this page before I gave the layout to Autumn to take home.  At least I remembered to take the picture!!

5 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Fab page Wendy. Love that pic and the design and colors are lovely.
And how great is Pinterest? I want everything.....lol.
But it did inspire me recently to give our bedroom a makeover. Love the new look and just need to add some color and bits and pieces now.
Cant wait to see your lights.

Lisa Amiet said...

Love the whimsy feel to this one Wendy, so full of fun! Hope you quickly settle into a routine with Tristan when hubby goes back to work xoxo

Mary said...

Your page brings out all the fun in the photo! Love the circles and buttons.
I can't wait to see Tristan night light.

Blossom inch said...

Beautiful page Wendy? Love the color combination and what a fabulous pic. How are you and baby? I hope all well.

Rachael Funnell said...

COOL!! those light's look FAN FAB U LAS....
Can't wait to see your Take.....
Your layout is FANTASTIC!!! I love the design & those buttons.... I must try to do something with all the buttons!!!!!!!! xx

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates