Monday, September 5, 2011

Scrapbook Cabin

On Friday, Saturday and part of yesterday I met my Mom, Grandmother, two aunts, two cousins and a friend at a scrapbook cabin a little over an hour from my house.  We go every year over the holiday weekend and have a wonderful time. We spend the entire weekend eating good food and scrapbooking to our hearts content.  Well this year, Tristan came along since he is only three weeks old.  Needless to say my mom nor I did much scrapbooking because we were occupied with the baby, but I did manage to make a couple of pages during nap times.

Now the scrapbook weekend is over and I am always so sad to see it end because I look forward to it every year.

This is the first scrapbook page I have made with Tristan's picture.  I was so nervous to start scrapbooking his pictures.......mostly because I felt as if I needed to really "step up my game."

I sort of followed Nadia's August 15th sketch from Once Upon a Sketch.  I was too late to submit this page for her challenge, but still love her sketches and was able to get lots of inspiration from it.


The sketch I used:


I painted lots of gesso on this page to tie everything together and soften the look of the whole page.






I was able to sneak in one additional page, but am using it for the Bird is the Word challenge which will be released next Sunday.

6 comments:

Mitralee said...

Love this!! So soft and sweet!! Love the gesso!!!

Rachael Funnell said...

OH MY Goodness Wendy this is SUPER DOOPER ADORABLE!!!
I just LOVE it to bits!!! Love what you have done with the GESSO...... It's becoming a very popular accessory to have!!!! That photo of Tristan is SO C.U.T.E!!!
xx

Blossom inch said...

Gorgeous page Wendy and I hope you are well as well as your baby!

Jasmine S said...

This is just so so so so beautiful. Tristan looks adorable and you have worked magic with the papers and flowers. Just gorgeous.
Your weekend away sounds fabulous. You lucky duck.

Beverly Sams said...

What a gorgeous page and your baby boy is a living doll! Precious!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the colours you have used here! :D

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates