Monday, October 10, 2011

Bird is the Word - New Word TOGETHER

A new word was revealed yesterday at Bird is the Word.  The new word for the next two weeks is TOGETHER.  I have been so excited about Bird is the Word.  I think it has turned into such a wonderful, positive challenge site.  I love posting the challenges, reading the comments, looking at all of the layouts submitted.....pretty much all of it!

Something else I love about Bird is the Word is that it challenges me to make at least one layout every two weeks.  I would so enjoy making many, many more pages, but I run out of scrappy time.  At any given moment I have ideas for at least three layouts in my head!

Well anyway, here is my TOGETHER layout for Bird is the Word.  As I explained to the design team girls, I was a little nervous to use these pictures because I feel a little exposed, but I loved the photos and decided to use them and just get over my little fear.


I also used the September kit from Tidbitz In Time to make this layout.  I love the Glitz Papers in this kit....and the Color Wash.  I actually like Color Wash better than Glimmer Mist because I do not have to worry about shaking all the stuck on glitter at the bottom of the bottle.  For whatever reason, that kind of drives me crazy.


Close-Ups

I made these flowers following a tutorial I found on Pinterest....here is the link for the blog:
I did change it up a bit because I used my fingers to roll the flowers and I used glue dots rather than glue.  I do not have patience to wait for glue to dry. :)


A cute little duck from my mom.  The leaf branch is grunge board that I inked and embossed.

Some simple cut-out paper hearts.  Yep, the stitches are just drawn on with a sharpie.  I adore stitching on layouts, but once again, no patience here!

Tim Holtz masking tape...love that stuff!

And I busted out my crop-a-dile.  It had been a while since I used that and I fell in love with it again!

See you soon!  Hopefully with more scrapbook pages!

7 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

TOTALLY & UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL Layout WENDY!!!!
You have SO Totally ROCKED using Glitz Design - Vintage Blue range....... GO GLITZ!! hehehe
Those Close UPS really POP & show how FAN FAB U LAS you Details Are.............
Have a WONDERFUL WEEK! xx

Mitralee said...

Love all the amazing details and love those roses especially! You seem to make good use of your limited time, wow, this page rocks!

Marivic (Berry71Bleu) said...

Wendy,

This is such a pretty and such a special LO! Love the flowers!!!! It's great to see your wonderful projects on your blog! I hope you and your family are all doing well!!!

Take care..marivic

Chloe :-) said...

SO so gorgeous Wendy, I adore all the details. Your patience sounds a lot like mine!! LOL I think these photos are gorgeous too :-)

Jasmine S said...

Where do I start. This page blew me away when I saw it. Everything is just gorgeous. I love your flowers, the distressing but most of all, I love how you used those photos. I have the exact same (as most of us probably do) and I would love to scrap them but would never have been game enough too. Thanks for the inspiration, I think I might now.

Adriana B said...

love what you did on your page, lovely details, the flowers amazing :)

Home sweet home said...

Beautiful page and I love all the lovely details.:)

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates