Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Latest Project








I found this idea on Pinterest.com and knew I had to repeat it!  I created a life size ruler growth chart for Tristan - Tristan's is the top photo.  The bottom photo is a close-up of the ruler I made for a friend who just had a baby.  

Adam picked up a few 1 x 6 x 6 boards for me at our local hardware store.  To make the top ruler, I just put on a few coats of polyurethane and then measured out the ruler marks.  As suggested on Pinterest, I started six inches up on the board to account for trim and a tall child.  Then I used a measuring square and a paint pen to paint on the ruler marks. I had a the number stamps from an old Making Memories set that I still really like.

For the ruler in the bottom photo, I played around with a few distressing techniques and used some walnut ink to add texture.

Now I just need to get Adam to hang it up for me!!

4 comments:

Chloe :-) said...

What a wonderful idea and clever you ;-)

Blossom inch said...

awesome idea Wendy and have a great weekend.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! Great idea!

Em Stafrace said...

Oh gosh I love this idea, thanks for sharing hun xox

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates